IRONDALE, Ala., May 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — In response to extraordinary viewer interest in the newly beatified teenage computer whiz Carlos Acutis, EWTN is pleased to announce that the Network has designated June 1-5 as «Blessed Carlo Acutis Week.» During the week, EWTN will premiere six new programs on the would-be saint, including two EWTN Original documentaries as well as a special episode of EWTN’s Rome-based weekly magazine, «Vaticano.»
«Carlo Acutis died of leukemia when he was only 15-years-old, but ever since Pope Francis beatified him on Oct. 10, 2020, his worldwide popularity has soared,» said EWTN Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael P. Warsaw. «During EWTN’s Carlo Acutis Week, viewers will discover how Carlo came to be the first millennial to be beatified by the Catholic Church. EWTN’s original documentaries feature interviews with family, friends and others who knew him and insightful commentary about Carlo’s profound Eucharistic spirituality.»
Most of the publicity surrounding this London-born, Milan, Italy-raised teen has rightly focused on his extraordinary love for the Eucharist, which he manifested very concretely by collecting all of the world’s Eucharistic miracles on one website! That’s the reason EWTN proclaimed the week that precedes the June 6, 2021 Feast of Corpus Christi as Carlo Acutis Week. As viewers might suspect, Carlo was a great advocate of Eucharistic Adoration, saying: «People who put themselves before the sun get tanned. People who put themselves before the Eucharist become saints.»
However, as viewers will learn, young Carlos’ love for Jesus and the Eucharist manifested itself in many ways, including acts of charity for which he was well known. The young boy would do without so he could afford to buy sleeping bags, hot drinks, and meals for the homeless. At an Oct. 5 event in Assisi, Antonia Salzano, his mother, noted that Carlo told her that he was more than willing to have fewer pairs of shoes if he could do an additional work of charity.
Is it any wonder that the life of this young boy has stirred hearts around the world? Don’t miss any of the documentaries airing during EWTN’s Carlo Acutis Week. They include:
- Vaticano- Blessed Carlo Acutis Special: EWTN’s weekly magazine from Rome explores the growing popularity of Blessed Carlo and his Eucharistic exhibition around the world. (Airs 4:00 pm. ET, Sunday, May 30, and 6:30 pm ET, Thursday, June 3.) (30 min.)
- I Am With You – A Documentary on Carlo Acutis: This EWTN original documentary, filmed on location in Italy, chronicles the life and witness of Blessed Carlo Acutis. It features photos, interviews and recollections with family, friends and others who knew him. (Airs 5:30 p.m. ET, Tuesday, June 1 and 2:30 a.m. ET, Wednesday, June 2.) (30 min.)
- Blessed Carlo Acutis – From London to the World: This EWTN documentary on the London connection to Blessed Carlo Acutis features his mother, Antonia, and Fr. Alexander Sherbrooke, whose dynamic parish in Soho mirrors Carlo’s intense devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. (Airs 11:30 a.m. ET and 11 p.m. ET, Wednesday, June 2.) (30 min.)
- A Journey With Carlo: The impact of Blessed Carlo Acutis is felt in the lives of the young people who knew him well. Hear first-hand accounts from friends and family who paint a poignant picture of this remarkable young man in this short 20-minute documentary. (Airs 5:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, June 2 and 2:30 a.m., Thursday, June 3.)
- Signs – Eucharistic Miracles: An examination of five Eucharistic miracles based on research conducted by Blessed Carlo Acutis prior to his death. These miraculous events, recognized by the Church, occurred in Poland, Italy, Argentina and Mexico. (Airs 4 p.m. ET, Wednesday, June 2 and 10 p.m. ET, Saturday, June 5.) (60 min.)
- My Highway to Heaven – Carlo Acutis and the Eucharist: Carlo Acutis’ biographer and others share personal stories of his extraordinary love, reverence and devotion to the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, and his deep devotion to Our Lady. (Airs 6 p.m. ET, Saturday, June 5.) (60 min.)
In its 40th year, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world. EWTN’s 11 TV channels are broadcast in multiple languages 24 hours a day, seven days a week to over 350 million television households in more than 145 countries and territories. EWTN platforms also include radio services transmitted through SIRIUS/XM, iHeart Radio, and over 500 domestic and international AM & FM radio affiliates; a worldwide shortwave radio service; one of the largest Catholic websites in the U.S.; electronic and print news services, including Catholic News Agency, «The National Catholic Register» newspaper, and several global news wire services; as well as EWTN Publishing, its book publishing division.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ewtn-honors-first-millennial-beatified-by-the-catholic-church-301301315.html
SOURCE EWTN Global Catholic Network